Saturday, September 28, 2013

{recetas} Hot Pepper Stir Fry

Okay, technically, this isn't stir fry as it wasn't made over super high heat. I suppose I should call it Hot Pepper Sautée. Either way, it was delicious and I can't wait to make it again!



What you need:
1 family sized steak (sliced)
1 broccoli crown (chopped into small pieces)
1 package baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
4 or 5 hot red peppers
Minced garlic
3 tbsp. fish sauce
Butter
Another cooking fat (I used bacon drippings)
Shredded cabbage (I used the prebagged coleslaw mix)

What you do:
Mix together the fish sauce, 3 to 4 teaspoons minced garlic, and the hot peppers (finely chopped, seeds and ribs removed).
Thinly slice the steak, mix in eith marinade. Allow to marinate for a few hours.
After marinating, heat your cooking fat over medium-high heat and cook your steak. Set aside. 
Add butter to the same pan and sautée broccoli and mushrooms. I added a splash or two of fish sauce here, too. Once complete, add the meat back to the pan and mix together.
In another pan, warm the cabbage for a few minutes (warm and crunchy).
Serve the stir fry over a bed of warmed cabbage. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment