Monday, February 20, 2012

Crock Pot Tacos

I love tacos, especially chicken tacos. I also love my crock pot (well, crock pots...I have three). I just finished throwing dinner for tonight in the crock pot and now can go on with my day (working on organizing project #2, laundry, typical house stuff..). The chicken for the tacos will be done in four to five hours, it's that simple!

Here's what you need:
  • 4 frozen chicken breast halves
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes and green chiles (we use the Rotel brand)
  • 2 tablespoons Cholula Sauce
  • 1 cup salsa (I blend it beforehand, but that is totally optional)
  • 1 cup chicken broth
Here's what you do:
  • Place the frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot.
  • Add everything and stir it up a bit.
  • Set your slow cooker to cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Be sure to check and stir it up once in awhile. When the chicken is done, use forks to shred the chicken while in the crock pot.


This makes a pretty "wet" taco, so I use a noodle scooper (does it have a real name?) or a slotted spoon to scoop the chicken onto tortillas. I serve this with homemade Mexican rice (not store bought...it just doesn't taste the same!) and margaritas.

Enjoy the tacos!

For those of you that were wondering, this is the recipe I was working on when I had a homeowner novice moment and met The Gas Man. Ay, ay, ay.

No comments:

Post a Comment